This week is a week of Thanksgiving joy for Kolcraft. We have some great crafts, recipes, contests and more this week. To kick off our Thanksgiving week, employees from Kolcraft are sharing their favorite family Thanksgiving traditions.
Kolcraft Thanksgiving Traditions
- We go around the table and say one thing we are thankful for this year. We especially love hearing what the littlest one has to say! –Kim
- Early in the morning the kids and dads in our family and our friend’s family take a walk in the woods. –Colleen
- We volunteer at a homeless shelter serving Thanksgiving dinner. It reminds us to be grateful for what we have. –Brent
- We light a candle at our Thanksgiving table in gratitude for the love of family members who are no longer with us. –Michelle
- It’s father son bonding day! We eat too much (guilt free) and watch 3 NFL football games! –Chris
- This Cranberry Salad recipe is one that my husband’s family has handed down for 4 generations. It’s very easy and it tastes good! –Carol
Holiday Cranberry Salad
- 2 cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 apples
- 2 bananas
- 2 oranges
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. sugar (to taste)
- ½ c. chopped walnuts (if desired)
Slice bananas into lemon juice and mix lightly to keep bananas from turning brown. Peel and section oranges and cut into ½ “ pieces. Core apples and coarsely chop. Stir fruit together and fold in cranberry sauce. Add sugar to taste and stir in nuts if desired. Make one day ahead for best blending of flavors.
This recipe can easily be adjusted up or down. The ratio is 1 to 1 on the cranberries and fruit. Adjust the lemon juice and sugar accordingly.
What are your favorite Thanksgiving Traditions?
Posted November 21, 2011