Kolcraft’s Sealy Select Springform Eco-Plush crib mattress has won a 2010 Nappa Gold Award! We are very excited about this award because we know our crib mattresses are award-winning and we are honored that they are counted among the best products for your baby.
Kolcraft’s story began with crib mattresses back in 1946 when Leo Koltun made playpen pads out of cotton batting and oilcloth covers for post World War II babies. In 1949 when he found himself with surplus padding, Leo used his ingenuity to invent the all-around crib and playpen bumper pad . Rapid growth followed as Kolcraft expanded into manufacturing other types of pads including crib mattresses making Kolcraft America’s #1 crib mattress manufacturer.
Kolcraft continues to be the #1 crib mattress manufacturer engineering and manufacturing innovative crib mattress from soybean mattresses to two-stage mattresses. The Sealy Select Springform Eco-Plush crib mattress is a dual-firmness mattress with a firm innerspring coil system, organic cotton side for infants and hypoallergenic latex foam side for toddlers.
Some other award winning features that we love:
1. Oeko-Tex Certified organic cotton cover is enhanced with Crypton® Select for an eco-friendly liquid, stain and allergen barrier
2. Natural fibers remain soft without the use of plastic coating
3. Thick border wire surrounds the perimeter of the mattress for edge firmness
4. Latex foam is tested for safety and is Oeko-Tex Certified
5. Entire mattress is phthalate and flammability compliant and does not contain toxic fire retardants
If you have any questions on this or any of our crib mattresses, please leave us a comment.
More info on the Nappa Awards will be posted on June 1st at the Parenthood website.