Kolcraft believes in manufacturing the best in innovative baby products and one way we fuel our creativity is through food smackdowns where we pick a theme, cook up a storm, taste test and vote.
The theme of this last smackdown was Fall Fruit. It was hard to pick a winner since we had a variety of treats ranging from fall fruit crisps, upside down apple pie, apple strudel and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to name a few. The winner was Bonnie in our fashion department who made the yumalicious (yes, that is the correct word to describe this recipe) Apple-Pecan Cheesecake!
Bonnie shared her recipe with us. We know it will be a hit with your family too!
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 3 apples, peeled, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Line 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Mix crumbs, butter and 2 Tbsp. brown sugar; press onto bottom of pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust. Combine remaining brown sugar, apples, nuts and cinnamon; spoon over batter.
- Bake 55 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours. Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve.
Do you have any Fall fruit recipes to share with us? We would be happy to try them out in our Kolcraft kitchen! 🙂