Who says crafts can’t be fun and educational?! Today, we’re combining a little math and play with a fun ladybug craft. Go through your house with your little artist to find circles to use for a body, head and spots. Ready? Now follow these easy steps and see how learning our shapes can also be cute and googly-eyed.
For our ladybug, the Kolcraft kids used a paper plate, water bottle cap and a paper cup. Feel free to improvise on your own!
- Using red construction paper, trace your circular object that will become the body of your ladybug.
- Trace a smaller circle onto black construction paper for the head
- For your ladybug’s spots, either trace your circle directly onto the body or cut them out on the extra black construction paper
- Glue the head and spots into place, adding some googly-eyes to the head
- Cut out some strips on the black construction paper for six little legs