We love getting outside with our kids to run, play and use our imaginations. We also love to learn while we are outside like taking nature walks and learning colors or going to the zoo and learning alphabet letters. This easy activity is fun and educational.
What you need:
- A letter of the day. Everyone can have their own or you can have one letter for everyone.
- Marker and paper to make the letter.
- Camera or camera phone.
- A sense of adventure and fun!
What to do:
- Pick a letter (we picked them out of a hat)
- That is your special letter for the day. Be on the lookout for animals, food, colors, expressions, etc. that start with your special letter. We had “S” and “M“. We saw slithering snakes, swimming sharks, sweaty kids :), mini-monkeys, cows that mooed and so much more. When we had our sandwiches at lunch we said, “MMMMMM good”.
- Take pictures of your letter in front of animals, etc. and keep an alphabet journal.
- Enjoy looking back on your journal as you see all the letter adventures you had!