I’ve driven past LEGOland countless times not knowing the treasure that was behind those doors until last week. LEGOland Discovery Center is an indoor attraction that is truly your passport to a LEGO world of color, creativity and fun. I went with my 6 month old and my sister. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised at how stimulating, educational and fun LEGOland was from the minute you walk through the discovery doors. The best part? It was super affordable! An entire year pass is only $40.00 or a one-time visit as little as $9.00 when you book online. You can’t get into any amusement park or museum for those kind of savings!
From the start LEGOland is an adventure. Enter LEGOland and you are treated to:
- The most amazing skyline view of Chicago complete with a working LEGO El Train!
- The LEGO jungle complete with a path that takes you though moving LEGO animals. True to LEGO’s educational style, the path has fun facts and questions about the animals.
- A 4D cinema where you can reach out and touch the stars
- A behind the scenes making of a LEGO
- A roller coaster ride on your very own dragon through the Medieval LEGO castle
- A giant LEGO room where you can make your own LEGO creations (they have a special section for the little kids with Duplo blocks)
- And much, much more.
Baby K’s favorite part was the giant foam Lego blocks only found at LEGOland. She didn’t want to leave!
There are many places you can bring your family, but few are as fun, affordable and perfect for the whole family as LEGOland is. We are going back with our friends for Toddler Tuesdays where there are special activities only for Toddlers. LEGOland really thinks of everything, but don’t take our word for it, come see for yourself!