Memorial Day is a wonderful time to teach your kids about those who have given their lives for our freedom. We love this Memorial Day easy craft for kids. We tried it out with our kids and they had lots of fun making these flag place mats.
What you need:
- Red, white, blue construction paper or craft foam
- Non-toxic glue
- Scissors or cutting knife (adult use only)
What to do:
- Cut red & blue foam into vertical strips about 1 inch wide
- Make horizontal slits in white foam or paper about 1 inch apart from each other
- Weave strips of red and blue through the slits on white foam/paper alternating patterns
- Use for your Memorial Day picnic. One of our Kolcraft Kids wrote a message to her Grandpa thanking him for being a Veteran.
Share with us how you celebrate Memorial Day!