Memorial Day Recipes and Activities for Kids
Memorial Day – a time to remember those who have died for our country, a time to be together as family and the official kick-off to summer. We wanted to share some easy recipes and fun activities that you can do with your kids this Memorial Day weekend.
Picnic & BBQ time!
- Easy-to-make Pork BBQ, hot dog skewers and chicken nuggets!
- Fun patriotic desserts your child can help you make!
Memorial Day Activities!
Bucket Beauty – Let your child express her creativity by painting your beverage bucket!
What you will need:
- Large bucket from the dollar store or Kmart
- Non-toxic finger paint
- Smock to put over your child’s clothes (or have her wear clothes you don’t mind pain getting on)
- Let your child paint the buckets with stars, stripes, flowers – whatever she thinks will add festivity to your picnic!
Memorial Day Crafts & Activities!
- Your child will love these patriotic crafts for decorating the house or picnic area for Memorial day!
- Check out these short stories, coloring pages and more for Memorial Day.
- Take your child to visit someone in your family who has served in the military. Have your child make a card for the Vet and thank him or her for their military service.
- Check out your city’s local events for parades, festivities and more!
What will you be doing for the Memorial Day Holiday?