Mom’s Easy Meatloaf Recipe
In a few weeks we will be kicking off our community fundraising week for the charity Kolcraft supports called KIDS. KIDS is an amazing organization that helps kids in distressed situations all across the globe. Part of our fundraising efforts is our Kolcraft Cookbook containing yummy recipes from Kolcraft employees. We decided to give you an early sneak peek into our fundraising week and cookbook with this delicious meatloaf recipe submitted by Paul Reidy. Paul is a Senior Marketing Manager at Kolcraft who is busy bringing to market the the latest strollers. When he isn’t at Kolcraft, you can find Paul playing in the Chicago Hockey League or on stage at Second City (hence the humor in his recipe).
- 2lbs of Ground Chuck,
- 1 Envelope of Onion Soup, (Preferably Mrs. Grass or Lipton )
- 1 Egg (Does not include shell)
- 1 Cup of Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs (Do not confuse with Canadian Seasoned Bread Crumbs.)
- 1 Green Pepper (You’ll only use half )
- 2 Strips of Bacon (Some people list this as optional and they should be shunned from society! If you even consider making this without the bacon, please destroy this recipe…)
- *Onion – (Dicing up a small amount of onion is optional.)
- Dice up ½ of the green pepper.
- Mix the Ground Chuck, Onion Soup, Egg, Bread Crumbs, Diced Green Pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix into Loaf Shape
- Apply 2 Strips of Bacon, side-by-side, to the top of the Loaf.
- Bake for 90 minutes at 325 degrees.
Serves a family of 4-5 or 1 lonely happy bachelor/ette for a week.
Posted March 8, 2013