Mother’s Day Butterfly Card
Mother’s Day is this Sunday and what better gift for that special mom, grandma, aunt or friend than a homemade card? We love this easy-to-make butterfly card that will be sure to bring a smile to any mom’s face.
What You Need:
- Scissors (Adult Use Only)
- Construction Paper (2 colors)
- Non Toxic Glue
- Hole Punch (Optional)
What To Do:
- Fold two pieces of construction paper in half, placing one piece inside of the other
- Draw half of a butterfly along the fold
- Cut along the line, keeping the two pieces of paper together. You will now have 2 separate butterflies
- Keeping only one butterfly folded, draw a smaller butterfly within and cut it out.
- Glue this smaller butterfly onto the larger, alternately colored butterfly.
- On the reverse side, glue on the other cut-out piece.
- Cut out a body and antennas and glue onto the inside piece.
- Using markers, a hole punch or scraps of construction paper, decorate your butterfly
- Write a message to mom on the inside of the card
What are some of your favorite Mother’s Day cards?