When was the last time that you enjoyed a nice cold ice cream soda?? Well today is your lucky day because it is National Ice Cream Soda Day! Ice cream sodas are high on that list of simple childhood treats and luckily could not be easier to make at home. You and your family can enjoy them all summer, not just today!
We have two great recipes for ice cream soda. They are equally delicious!
Classic Ice Cream Soda
• 1 carton of premium vanilla ice cream
• Soda of your choice (great choices are strawberry, orange and root beer)
• 1 large glass
• Straws and spoons
1. Place your large glass in the freezer for an hour or so before you make your ice cream sodas. (Chilled glasses will help keep your ice cream from melting too quickly.)
2. Place two scoops of vanilla ice cream in the bottom of your chilled glass.
3. Slowly pour soda into the glass, over the scoops of ice cream. Pour the soda a little at a time to allow for the foam to settle.
4. Serve with spoons to scoop up the ice cream and straws to savor every last drop of the creamy soda.
Strawberry Ice Cream Soda
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 1/2 cups strawberry syrup
• 1 quart strawberry ice cream
• Chilled seltzer to taste
• Garnish: whipped cream
Make the sodas:
In each of 6 ice-cream soda glasses, combine 1/4 cup of the milk and 1/4 cup of the syrup, add 2 or three scoops of the ice cream to each glass, and fill the glasses with the seltzer. Garnish the sodas with the whipped cream.
What are your favorite ice cream and soda combinations?? We want to know! Comment to tell us your favorites!