Pipe Cleaner Penguins: a Clever December Craft
This easy pipe cleaner penguin craft is fun to make and only requires 3 supplies!
What You Will Need:
- Black, orange and white pipe cleaners
- Scissors (for adult use only)
- Wooden pencil
What to Do:
- Wrap a black pipe cleaner around the wooden pencil and remove. This will serve as the body of the penguin.
- Next, cut off a 1.5 inch piece of white pipe cleaner.
- Bend the ends of the white pipe cleaner in about ¼ inch on each end. Place the ends of the white pipe cleaner into the black coiled pipe cleaner.
- Cut an orange pipe cleaner into a 4” piece (the size may vary slightly depending on the thickness of the pencil and how tightly wound your coils are).
- Bend the end of the orange pipe cleaner into a small ‘M’ shape and pinch the sides together to form the feet.
- Bend the orange pipe cleaner upwards and feed through the black coiled body and out at the second coil from the top. Bend the end of the orange coil into a ‘V’ shape to form the penguin’s beak.
- Cut a 2” piece of black pipe cleaner and fold in half.
- Feed this pipe cleaner through the back of the penguin to form the wings.
About the Author - ColleenF
I am the Digital Media Specialist at Kolcraft.