Personalize this Father’s Day with an easy pottery craft for kids
Still looking for a sweet and meaningful gift your children can give to their dad this Father’s Day? We’ve got you covered! Let your kids get creative with what they want to tell Dad and he’ll have a touching Father’s Day gift that will last longer than your child’s shoe size.
For this project you will need:
- Ceramic mug (or platter, plate, plaque, etc.)
- Porcelain paint pens (found at any craft store, don’t have to use the pens)
- At least 24 hours to let the paint set
- First, clean off and dry whatever object your children are going to paint on. Make sure the surface is covered in case it gets a little messy.
- Come up with a design or let your kids doodle or paint until they are satisfied with it. Our Kolcraft kid decided to go with a golf theme, since that is their dad’s favorite hobby.
- Let the paint set for 24 hours, or the amount of time specified on the paint.
- Bake the mug for 35 minutes at 300 degrees to set the paint and make sure it is dishwasher safe.
- Give Dad a personalized gift that he will love for years!
And don’t forget to submit Dad in our Dad’s Day photo contest!
Posted June 12, 2013