Pool Safety Tips
Temperatures are reaching above 90° and nothing can cool you off more than a nice dip in the pool, but keep in mind a few pool safety rules.
- Never leave your child unattended even in a small kiddie pool. It only takes a few inches of water for a child to drown.
- Keep your child away from parts of the pool that can become entrapments like drains, pipes, etc.
- If your child is missing, look for her in the pool first.
- Do not let your children run at the pool or jump into shallow water.
- Keep a telephone near your pool in case there is an emergency.
- Keep pool chemicals locked away.
- Make sure all caregivers know pool safety rules.
A little knowledge and prevention can help stop pool related deaths. For more tips, visit the Government’s pool safety site. And don’t forget the sunscreen!
Posted June 7, 2011