Potty Training Tips
Potty training your child can be exciting and exhausting all at the same time. With a little patience and encouragement, your child will be potty trained in no time. A few tips:
• Pick a potty day. Pick a day to start potty training and circle it on the calendar with a bright marker. Make sure your child knows that their special potty training day is coming up. If they are excited to start potty training, have them pick their potty training start day.
• Think like a coach. Remember that you are teaching your child a new skill so be firm, but also encouraging.
• Know when it’s time to stop. If your child doesn’t urinate or produce a bowel movement in 3-6 minutes, it’s better to stop and try later.
We think our Elmo potty is the perfect training potty. This 3 in 1 potty features Elmo who speaks encouraging phrases in English, Spanish or French!
Other features that we love:
• Potty training chair has a removable seat that fits most adult toilets
• Potty easily converts to a step stool
• Includes a fun sticker book & 20 reward stickers
Don’t just take our word for it, Viewpoints also loved our Elmo potty!
What potty training tips do you have?
Posted June 15, 2010