Farmers markets abound with fresh fruit. You can have a fun day going to your local farmer’s market with your kids and teaching them about growing fruit and vegetables. Ask questions of the local farmers, they are more than happy to explain things to your children. Once home you can make this yummy torte together.
What you need:
- Angel food cake
- Fresh raspberries
- Banana sliced round
- Cool Whip (or make your own whip cream. It’s as easy as freezing your mixing beaters & beating heavy cream on high setting)
- Banana flavored instant pudding (we also like it with vanilla!)
What to do:
- Cut angel food cake into 3 or 4 small layers (horizontally)
- Mix pudding with some milk so it has constancy of gravy
- Fold in Cool Whip
- Lay down angel food cake
- Add layer of pudding/Cool Whip mix
- Add raspberries and bananas (this is fun for kids to do)
- Repeat until finished with top layer.
- Top with remaining pudding/Cool Whip mix
- Garnish with raspberries and bananas
What is your favorite summertime dessert?