September Is Baby Safety Month
September is Baby Safety Month and while safety of our children is a 24/7 job, we think it’s important that there is a special month dedicated to it. JPMA initiated Baby Safety Month to educate parents and caregivers on the importance of the safe use and selection of juvenile products. If you have been putting off taking care of those “little” safety items around the house, now is the time to take care of them.
Important things to check:
- Is your car seat properly installed? Has it been a while since you have checked to make sure it is still as secure as it should be?
- Is your baby gear in proper working condition? If not, check to see if it is under warranty and call the manufacturer or if it is not under warranty and is not safe, be sure to get a new product. Your baby’s safety is worth it!
- Are your smoke alarms and carbon dioxide detectors working?
- Do your children know what to do if there is a fire?
- Are your child’s toys broken or falling apart? If so, they need to be fixed or discarded.
- Are hazardous materials and cleaning supplies out of your children’s reach?
- Does an adult in your home know CPR for children and infants?
Check out the Safe Kids USA site for great ideas on how to keep your children safe.