‘Tis the season for snow days! They’re always fun for kids, but for parents they can be exhausting and stressful. So to help keep the peace and sanity for the rest of the season, here are a few ideas to keep the family busy when you’re snowed in!
– Make snow ice cream! It’s yummy, health(ier), and as long as your have freshly fallen snow your kids will love it!
– Before you make ice cream, start the day off with a healthy and wholesome breakfast, like multigrain waffles, a pancake pizza, baked oatmeal muffins, or my personal favorite, bananas with peanut butter and chocolate chips! Let your kids help prepare and bake with you.
– After breakfast, let the kids play outside and build a snow fort with neighbors and friends.
– Or, if there is a hill nearby, get out the sleds!
– If it’s too cold or they tire of being outside, check out some of these super cool science experiments, like cloud shaving cream, making a kazoo, and color mixing!
– Make a snow globe using old jars and plastic toys!
– And last, let them build a fort in their bedroom or living room. It’s an essential activity as a child, and there’s no better day to do it on than a snow day!
What activities do your kids love do to when it’s snowing? Let us know on here, Facebook or Twitter!