Spring Chicken Children’s Craft
It’s fun Friday and we are continuing with our theme of children’s Springtime activities and crafts. Our little chicken craft also doubles as a goodie basket for you to celebrate Spring with your children!
What you’ll need:*
• Cardboard egg carton
• Non-toxic markers or paint
• Colorful plastic eggs
• Yellow pom poms for each chick
• Orange felt, triangles for beaks
• Small black wiggle eyes, 2 for each chick
• White craft glue or a glue gun (to be used by adults only)
How to create your chick & goodie basket:
Color the egg carton. if you use paint make sure you give it time to dry. It can be colored green so the chicks look like they are sitting in grass or you can let your child be creative and use whatever colors he or she wants!
1. Take a pom pom and glue the wiggly eyes on it. Cut a small triangle of orange felt or the beak and glue that under the eyes. If you want your chick to be bigger you can glue the pom pom with the chick face on top of another pom pom for the body.
2. Place hatched chicks into the egg carton.
3. Decide how many chicks you want hatched and fill eggs with candy, coins, a little love note, etc. Place filled eggs in egg carton.
Display your child’s chick and goodie basket on the dining room table or somewhere else where everyone can see it.
Do you have a favorite Springtime craft to do with your children? Feel free to share it with us!
And if you make a chick goodie basket, feel free to post a picture in our Magical Moments section of your child creating this masterpiece!
*Since there are small parts to this craft, it is not recommended for children under 3 years old.
Posted April 2, 2010