Summer Tea Party for Kids
“Mom, I’m bored…” usually starts to sneak up around this point in summer, so we thought to share with you some fun ideas for a summer kid’s tea party Alice in Wonderland style!
Tea parties can be so fun for kids because it helps unlock imagination as they dress up, eat “petite” cakes and sandwiches, get to play games and just be with friends. Several of us at Kolcraft love Alive in Wonderland and have had Alice themed tea parties. Some activities and recipes our kids loved from our summer tea party:
Decorations & Activities:
- You can find cheap light up lanterns at the dollar store or party city. They add festivity to your backyard especially if you plan on having the party a little later and you can plug them in.
- Remember the daisies who sang to Alice? These fantastical felt flowers make great decorations or you can have them as a tea party activity.
- Who can resist the cute little card suitors? This craft is not only great for Valentine’s day, but also for your tea party decor!
- Tea can be bitter for children so select special children’s tea or use apple juice which looks like tea. These edible teacups are a big hit!
- Make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cut them out with cookie cutters into cute little shapes.
- Our absolute favorite are these Cheshire Cat cupcakes. Of course you can do any theme of cupcakes.
Have fun & don’t forget to dress up for the tea party!
Posted July 8, 2011