Talk Like A Pirate Day Activites and Crafts for Kids
Ahoy, me hearties! Today be Talk Like a Pirate Day, so grab your lads and lassies and teach them a few phrases that pirates be saying these days!
We have a little joke for ye lassies:
How could the pirate acquire the ship so cheaply?
Because it was on sail!!
Yo ho ho! So, there be so much to do with your lads and lassies, but we favorite activity involving pirates or privateers is making pirate hats.
How to make a wee little pirate hat with your lads and lassies:
- Take out a piece of paper.
- Fold the sheet of paper in half.
- Fold the top corners down towards the center of the page. Your paper should be in a rough triangle shape.
- Lift the front bottom flap and fold that up.
- Flip the paper over, then lift the bottom flap and fold it up; your pirate hat should be complete!
And remember, talk like a pirate today! Arggh.
To help ye out on this fine day, we will share some great pirate phrases with ye:
Ye – you
Me – my
Ahoy, me hearties! – Hello, my friends!
Thar she blows! – Whale sighting
Seadog – old pirate or sailor
Savvy? – do you understand and do you agree?
Privateer – government-sponsored pirates
Jolly Roger – a pirate’s flag including the white skull and crossbones of a black field
Avast ye – stop and pay attention
Doubloons – coins, or coins found in pirate stashes
Complete your day reading a kid’s pirate book!