Thanksgiving Craft for Kids & Contest
We all remember the “hand turkey” that we made in school. This is a simple craft that is great to decorate your house with for Thanksgiving and we have given it a “new look” and have dubbed it the Hand Turkey Remix – gobble gobble.
All your child has to do is trace his hand on a piece of paper and color it in. (Smaller children may need you to trace their hands for them.)
- The thumb becomes the turkey’s head.
- Cut out a little yellow triangle for the turkey’s beak and glue it to the thumb.
- Add a little dot on the thumb for turkey’s eye
- Cut out little yellow feet and glue to the bottom of turkey (what is the bottom of the palm of the hand)
- The fun comes in when you decorate the turkey feathers (the other fingers) with creative texture. You can make texture with a variety of things around your house.
A few ideas for creative texture:
- Fruit Loops
- M & M’s
- Reese’s Pieces
- Colored Pasta
- Small Leaves
- Crayons, Markers or Non-Toxic Paint
Hand Turkey Remix Contest
We know that your child is a budding da Vinici and you want to show off their turkey art. We are having a contest to win a $20.00 gift certificate to your local grocery store to help a little with your Thanksgiving dinner!
All you have to do is post your child’s Hand Turkey Remix in our Magical Moments photo album and leave a comment on our blog of which turkey is your child’s creation (so we can contact you if you are the winner). The contest will end next Friday, November 19th at noon CST.
Posted November 12, 2010