Time Saving Thanksgiving Tips
Thanksgiving is around the corner and if you aren’t the Martha Stewart type who had everything prepared a week ago, here are some time-saving tips.
- Buy pre-cut and pre-peeled sweet potatoes, squash, etc. You will be amazed what a time saver it is! Trader Joe’s has a lot of vegetables like this.
- Don’t worry about spotless kitchen floors and other areas of the house your guests won’t occupy. Your kitchen is going to get messy while cooking. Nobody expects a spotless kitchen floor or an organized closet in your child’s bedroom!
- Traveling for Turkey Day? Pack non-perishables a few days before. Have your child pack a little bag of a few toys to play with during travel time or to play with at your Thanksgiving destination. If you are running around Thanksgiving day packing a diaper bag, etc. it will just add more stress to stressful travel with kids.
- Remember that food will be the main decorating point of your table, but if you want to add other details go for a nature walk to de-stress and find acorns, pine cones and leaves to put around your table. Michael’s Craft Store also has fun and easy crafts your kids can make to help decorate.
- Give your kids little tasks to help out – dust furniture, snap the tips of green beans, wash dishes, etc. It will help them feel a part of the preparation and help you out!
What tips do you have to save time on Thanksgiving?