Tips for Preparing Your Family for Natural Disasters
With sadness we are watching the devastation of Hurricane Sandy. In our day to day living we aren’t always thinking about natural disasters, but when it comes to protecting our children and families it always helps to be prepared and not wait for an actual disaster to think about survival plans. Try to take a few minutes to think about how prepared your family is for a natural disaster or a fire.
- Do you have an evacuation plan?
- Does your family know the plan?
- Do you have supplies to help you through natural disasters?
- Do you have them located in an easy-to-grab location?
- Does everyone know where the emergency kit is stored?
Check out these sites for helpful tips on preparing your family for a natural disaster:
- FEMA (great resources for building disaster kits)
- Family Services Natural Disasters PDF
- My Optum Health
What tips do you have to keep your family safe during natural disasters?