Snow storm Nemo has brought snow front and center for many. This much snow gives the opportunity to teach your children some fun facts about snow while having fun!
What you need:
- Light and dark blue tissue paper
- Scissors (adult use only)
- Wax paper
- Cool iron (adult use only)
What to do:
- Cut the tissue paper into different shapes.
- Have your child drop the tissue onto the wax paper like falling snow.
- Put another piece of wax paper on top of your child’s snow fall.
- Gently iron wax paper together with cool iron.
- Hang up on a window to have your own picturesque snowfall.
Snow Fun Facts to share with your kids:
- Snow is made up of snowflakes
- Snowflakes have six arms
- No two snowflakes are alike
- Snow acts like a winter blanket that protects the ground and the animals that live beneath it from bitter cold.
Fun things to do in the snow:
- Try to catch a snowflake on your tongue or nose
- Build a snowman
- Make snow angels
- Look for animal tracks in the snow
- Color pictures in the snow with food coloring
- Bring some snow indoors and see what happens