Winter Veggies To Warm Your Insides!
It’s the long lull of Winter, but the cold brings some wonderful nutritious vegetables for you and your family! Sweetened Acorn Squash is an easy recipe to prepare and is packed with nutrients!
- Acorn squash
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (if frozen, be sure to thaw before using)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or a teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into cubes
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Place in a roasting pan and add 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Put a cube of butter in each acorn half.
- Put about half a teaspoon of Cinnamon in each half.
- Divide the cranberries between the acorn halves (if you don’t add Cinnamon, you can drizzle maple syrup on top the squash).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 1 hour, or until the squash feels tender when pierced with a small, sharp knife and the cranberries are tender and juicy.
Tell us some of your Winter Veggie recipes!
Posted December 8, 2010