Hilarious… or scary? We asked and you shared: what are some of your best potty training stories?
Potty training can bring forth a multitude of feelings. You could feel excited and proud of your child and this next stage of his/her life. There could be moments where you can’t help but laugh. And then there are those moments that are downright scary.
We asked our Kolcraft fans about their scariest / funniest / most absurd potty training stories… and the results will provide you with a good laugh for the day!
The student has become the teacher
- When I was potty training my daughter she wanted to teach someone else to go potty. She thought our dog could also use the potty and tried to potty train our dog too!
- While I was nursing my new little man, my toddler was running around saying that he had to go pee. I told him to wait 2 minutes while I finished and he said “ok.” Once I was done nursing I said, “let’s go sit on the potty.” His 6-year-old old brother replied, “it’s okay, mom. I taught him how to pee standing up like me.” Such a sweet gesture but the mess that I had to clean was unbelievable. Pee was literally on all 4 walls.
Just like mommy
- One day I found my daughter on the potty with my bra diagonally on her and the iPad in her hand. When we made eye contact, she said very cheerfully “Look, mommy, I do it just like you.” It melted my heart while I couldn’t do anything but laugh.
- My daughter is used to me motivating her during the potty training…Well, I had to go to the “potty” and she came into the bathroom and said, “Mommy did you pee pee?” I said, “Yes, Gia.” She said “Oh mommy, good job, I’m so proud of you! Now flush the toilet and wash your hands.”
- My son and I both had to go to the bathroom while out shopping. As I’m standing with him, waiting for him to be done, he starts to say, “don’t worry mommy, I’ll help you poop when I’m done.” I swear the whole store must have heard him
- In order to get my son on the potty, I would sit with him for over an hour and pretend to call one of his favorite cartoon characters. He would have a full-blown conversation with the character until he pooped. After about a dozen hour-long conversations he no longer held his poop in. We put a play phone in there and he goes potty just to call his favorite character to chat.
- My son used to love to tell the whole world he could go pee pee on the potty. He would tell strangers at the grocery store “Hey! I can go pee pee on the potty now!” It was adorable and embarrassing at the same time.
Don’t rain on my parade
- I let my daughter spend the whole day naked in order to make it easier for her to go potty. Later in the day, I came upon a giant puddle of pee in our kitchen and my daughter sliding and stomping through it. I bet she thought it was a rain puddle…